Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break

The kids are on spring break this week. For me, it always seems like Introduction to Summer Break. How are we going to stay busy? What will we do to occupy so much time? At what point will mommy spontaneously combust? Just kidding, I really do enjoy having the kids at home. It is a good break from routines, homework, carpool, snacks....

Today we went rollerskating. So did everyone else in Colorado Springs. We pulled into the parking lot and all I saw were the buses and day care vans pulling in behind me. I squealed my baby blue mom missile into the closest spot and started pulling kids out of car seats. Luckily, we made it into the already incredibly long line before the buses unloaded. Phew! Fun was had by all. Sam finally was dragged off the skating rink while YMCAing his little heart out. Alice and Paige were a little nervous and spent most of their time skating around the benches in the rest area. Probably for the best, it was a tad crowded. Mason happily sat on my hip, watching his older siblings skate, and fall their way around the floor.

We were hoping to make it to the Children's Museum in Pueblo but the weather may not cooperate. It seems that we may get snow tomorrow afternoon. I can't complain because we need the moisture so badly but....I also may go a little nutty if we stay inside all day. If we get good snow, pull out the boots and snowsuits!
Mason is doing well with his second set of casts. I am still amazed at how mobile he can be with full casts on his legs. It is a really good thing that they are replaced weekly because he beats on them. By the time the last ones came off, the knees had collapsed and the edges were cracking and falling off. Back to Greeley on Monday!

Scott and I are doing well, just trying to keep this house in some sort of order. I feel like I live in a daycare facility what with all the toys and plastic stuff that has taken up residence in every crevice of this house. We get it all organized and then another day comes along and all the stuff comes back out. I guess that happens when you have 4 children seven and under :) Truthfully, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I know, I know, you are really just here for the pictures. I would be too! My kids are pretty darn cute :)
My three guys headed out for a run. Sam made it a ways and then ran home. He had to try out his new running shoes. Very fast indeed!
Alice and Paige after I rolled their hair in curlers for the night. After 20 minutes, Alice was complaining that they hurt and of course, Paige followed suit. Oh well, might have been cute.



Double fisted... Only this boy likes his bottles full of milk and water!

Have a nice week and if you are on spring break don't stress, summer break is only 2 months away. Love to you all!
Jennifer

No comments: