Friday, September 3, 2010

Nothing. Or..Maybe a little bit of everything.

I have come to this silly blog about a zillion times and have nothing to say.  Okay, so, it isn't that I don't have anything to say, I just haven't had the energy to relay it all to you.  Anyway, here goes. 
The kids have gone back to school and they are getting into a routine.  The hardest part of our day is at the end of school.  The kids come out of three different doors on three different sides of the building.  I have been working on using the drive-thru line more but in the instance when I need to park and meet them at the school, I am having difficulty catching them all.  I am sure we will get it all figured out sooner or later :)  Paige is loving Kindergarten.  She has a really sweet teacher and aide.  Sam and Alice are enjoying their classes as well.  Sam's teacher teaches in a really unique way and the kids love it.  Alice is in a more "traditional" class and that works for her as well.  Overall, a pretty good start to the year.  Mason had his preschool open house on Thursday morning.  He is soooo excited to start school.  At the open house, he met his teacher, had a snack, played outside and met some new friends.  I know he is going to love it!  He starts on Tuesday morning.
I am really missing the kids being home and the relaxed nature of summer.  We had such a fun, busy summer.  Busy in a good way.  Is it bad that I am already planning field trips for next summer?  A few things we wanted to do this summer but didn't have time for...Georgetown train ride, Butterfly Pavilion, Waterworld....oh how I love summer!! I am sure that I will snap out of this funk soon.
Sam has started soccer practices and all three older kids are running cross country so I will have lots to start posting about very soon. 
This weekend we are camping at our annual church retreat in Divide.  Always an awesome time of fun and fellowship with some great people.  I should probably start packing soon.....
Guess what?!?!  I am finally growing  a summer squash in my garden.  After faithful watering, lots of watching and animal nibbling, we are getting produce. Okay, so far, I only see one piece but I have high hope for my garden (before it snows).  Sam is still waiting for his tomato plants to produce fruit but I don't have the heart to tell him, that may not happen.
Here's to finding some energy (or caffeinated soda)!  I hope you all are having a wonderful start to September and enjoy a nice Labor Day weekend. Much love from the CO Wescotts!
Love, Jennifer

No comments: