Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Near Completion.

After many stops and starts (and I do mean many) we are oh so close to completing our master bedroom and bathroom mini-remodels. Okay, so the bedroom is done. New paint, new bedding, pillow, drapery, chair, mirrors and picture. The bathroom is close. Close counts, right? After months of pondering colors, we bought paint, in October. And that is where the remodel began....and stopped. In January, while we were having a door put on our office we had the construction guys take down those pesky mirrors in the bathroom. Those giant ceiling to counter to wall mirrors that were liquid nailed on. Those came down in January...and the remodel stopped. Finally, we decided that there just wasn't enough time in the day for the kids, homework, jobs, laundry and all the other day to day activities that fill up our time. We had someone else do it (hang head here). New paint, faucets, lighting, hooks and blinds. Ironically we are still waiting on the mirrors. Oh yeah, I still need to add the girly touches to my very masculine bathroom. I didn't take before pictures. Just picture beige walls and gold everything and that pretty much sums it up.

Here are the after pics.









I know, I know.
You were all waiting on the edge of your seats for these pics.
All ten of you :)
If you do read, thanks! Let me know you are out there. I love comments. Hint, hint. Hint, hint.
Have a nice evening. I am going to sit in my new chair and enjoy my bedroom's new do.
It is the little things.

3 comments:

Summer said...

Jen - this is gorgeous! I have master bed/bath envy. The one thing I don't like about older homes (and ours especially) is small bedrooms and baths. Our "master" bedroom and the adjoining bath are a joke. Great job on the decor - I am so impressed!

brandiemohror said...

Very very pretty Jen! Our bedroom is the same color but no where near as chic looking! Kudos you designer you : )

mary said...

How nice,, worth waiting for,, I agree with Summer about the older homes[mine], no space! , Mary