Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chinese New Year~ The Year of the Tiger

Have you ever admitted to someone that in one sitting you downed a box of peanut butter and chocolate Girl Scout cookies and had them look at you in bewilderment? Well, I did today. Admitted my cookie binge, that is. The actually cookie downing happened yesterday if you are interested. My first thought was, did I really just say that out loud? Okay, I had to get that off my chest. I know there are others of you out there that like the Tagalongs as much as I do. What can I say, I like me some girl scout cookies.

Anyhoo, back to my original post. You know the one about Chinese New Year. Happy New Year! Yesterday we attended the New Year's Celebration downtown. Fun was had by all. Especially Sam. He learned tai chi, enjoyed the lion dance and all the martial arts demonstrations. The kiddos donned their traditional Chinese clothes and looked pretty adorable, if I do say so myself.






The lion dance was really awesome and there were actually about 5 or 6 of the giant puppets. I tried to photograph all of them but the light was really low. Yep, I am blaming my lack of pics on the lighting. I can do that because it is my blog and in reality my photos were all pretty bad.
On another note, Happy Valentine's Day! I am hoping to get the kids outside today for some red shirted pictures but my darling two year old is throwing a whopper of a tantrum as I am typing so I am not sure what is the likelihood of a group shot. Just guessing.

Have a great day and kiss the one you love.
Jennifer

No comments: