Thursday, September 17, 2009

Design Star

I LOVE design shows. I have no design skill, whatsoever. Candice Olsen and David Bromstad make it look so easy, don't they?

We have lived in this house for just over 4 years and have done very little to make it ours. Initially, I think we were so excited just to be in a house for more than a nanosecond that we moved in our stuff and began living. It was nearly impossible to get anything done because Paige was a little baby and Alice and Samuel were toddlers. I was lucky just to get boxes emptied.
When we decided to paint the kitchen, it took us 2 months of painting during naps and after bedtime to finally get it done. Ugh. Last fall, I finally got around to painting our bedroom. It felt good to get moving on personalizing at least one room. Unfortunately, the painting was as far as I got. We received Mason's referral in November and then the excitement and loads of paperwork began.
Now I am determined to tackle this house, one room at a time. I am starting to finish our bedroom and then moving on to the master bathroom. The bathroom will be a challenge because we don't have the time or funds to completely remodel it. There is tons of white tile with pink and grey flowers. The counter tops are grey fleck and the fireplace is black with gold trim and dark grey tile. Scott really wants to tear out carpet and tile. I think that might have to wait a while. The first big project in the bathroom is taking down the cheap builder mirrors. I believe those are hung with liquid nails. Ugh. Anyone know an easy way to remove those without removing the dry wall too?
Anyway, here's to a decorated master bedroom and bathroom. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Hopefully I can post before and after pictures, soon....very soon.

Happy designing!
Jennifer

1 comment:

Paddywack Designs said...

Hey let me know how the mirror goes, we have a huge one in our condo (which we are currently renting out but may have to move back into, so stuck in the 80s)

I did see a product that you can buy to frame those mirrors out rather easily too... if you think it may be to hard to take out...

p.s. I'm an HGTV addict, let me know if you want to bounce any ideas off me, I love that kind of thing.