Sunday, September 6, 2009

Church Retreat

This weekend we had such a great time at our church retreat. For the second year in a row, we have spent part of our Labor Day weekend at a ranch in Divide, CO with our wonderful friends from church. It is such a beautiful place to hang out and relax. We started out Friday night at the retreat with hot chocolate and popcorn in the lodge. Saturday was filled with hiking the Crags, volleyball, hide and seek, ice-cream making, chatting and laughing with great friends, crafting, fishing and so much more. In the evening after dinner the kids enjoyed smores around the lodge fireplace. Friday night, Mason was up a couple times in the middle of the night and the only way that he was comfortable sleeping was right on top of me so I didn't get any sleep. I decided that the sleeping arrangements needed to change for Saturday night, so Mason and I hitched a ride home with Kent and Victoria and slept in our own beds. Scott stayed at camp with the three oldest. They were excited to brave another night of camping with dad. I couldn't fathom how Mason or I would do without another nights sleep. Today, Scott and the kids will stay for breakfast and worship and then head for home. Luckily, the ranch is only about 40 minutes from the house so we should be expecting them very soon.


Making ice-cream


Yum!

Mason had tons of fun playing on the playground at the ranch.




Smores!

Samuel had a great time fishing with Scott. He caught 2 fish all on his own.

The veiw that we got while driving down from our campsite to the lodge for breakfast.
Mason and I are going to enjoy our last few minutes of quiet before the rest of my family comes through the door. I hope you all have a fun, safe holiday weekend.
Jennifer

No comments: