Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Is it Tuesday already???

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on Paige. She had a biopsy on her "bumps" yesterday and all went well. If you don't know, Paige has two little bumps on her lower gums and nobody seemed to know what they were or what to do about them. It was starting to get unnerving. Anyway, finally I scheduled a biopsy with an oral surgeon. He was fairly certain they are just benign cysts but sent them to pathology just in case. While she was under, he took both the bumps off. He seemed to be more concerned that these cysts would grow and push around her baby teeth and possibly even dissolve roots. She was such a trooper and only cried when they gave her the shot of anesthesia. It was a scary sight for me as she was hooked up to oxygen, heart rate monitor, blood pressure......I only cried when I went into the waiting room. Aren't I a big girl! :)

She is back to running around like a normal 3 year old and is bump free. The strawberry shake from McDonald's seemed to make any lingering pain dissolve! It really made Paige feel better too!

Have a wonderful day and kiss your babies.

Jennifer

1 comment:

Susi said...

Oh man! I hope all comes back well, will be praying for you! You were strong!