Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend 08'


We had a great weekend. Friday night, we celebrated Scott's birthday. That's right-he can no longer make fun of me for being old because we are now the same age (at least for the next 6 months). Our dear friends, The Young's, came over for dinner and we had a great time, as always, laughing and hanging out! Saturday, I went to lunch with my Beta Sigma Phi chicas! The weather cleared just in time for us to enjoy our lunch on the patio. We pretty much worked around the house for the rest of the day getting odd jobs done. Sunday, we went to church and then headed to Old Colorado City for Territory Days. Monday, we got up way too early (4:15 am) and headed to Boulder with 52,000 other crazy people so that I could run the Bolder Boulder, a 10k race that pulls people from all over the state, country and world. Despite the somewhat crummy weather, I had a great time. There are bands playing throughout the race, an Elvis impersonator, belly dancers, beer giveaways and lots of spectators cheering you on! I caught sight of Sam as I was approaching the finish and he blew me a kiss. Life doesn't get sweeter than that....
We had a fun conversation on the way home.
S: Good job on your race Mom!
me: Thanks buddy!
S: Too bad you lost.

Well, there were several thousand people that did if fact beat me but, in my defense, there were several thousand people that finished after me...

1 comment:

3boys247 said...

Happy Birthday Scott! Congratulations Jenn, you rock!