Monday, March 12, 2012

I Love Monday Morning

I know most of you don't love a Monday morning.  I have been there.  In my previous life, when I had to get up at the crack of dawn to get ready for a week of lesson planning and teaching, I often dreaded Monday mornings.  After I became a stay at home work at home mom, I continued to dread Monday mornings because that was the start of a long week home alone with three small children and little or no parental backup.  Scott worked long hours and traveled a ton when Sam, Alice and Paige were tiny. I remember crying into his shirt and hugging him with all my might, begging him to stay home.  In truth, I loved staying home but Monday mornings were always hard for me.
Now.
I have grown to love most Monday mornings.  Once Scott and the three oldest head off to school, Mason and I enjoy a nice quiet morning together.  This morning I am blogging (well, obviously) and Mason is watching an old rerun of Inspector Gadget.  Remember those cool gogogadget arms?!?!?  Anyway, I digress.
It is pretty quiet around here and after an awesome weekend with four kiddos, I am enjoying the calm of this Monday morning.  It is almost hard to remember those crazy Monday mornings not so long ago.  Because I don't usually go into the store on Mondays, I can hang out a little longer in my bathrobe, and that is very good.

_______________________________________

We have been having some pretty stellar weather up here in the mountains.  Yesterday, I opened windows AND we ate lunch out on the front deck.  After lunch, Mason and I headed inside for some nap time (Mason didn't sleep but I may have dozed off).  Sam, Alice and Paige hung out on the deck drawing and reading and just having fun.  I think we all really needed a warm day to recharge.  I know, I know.  Everybody keeps telling me that March is the biggest snow month of the year so I am just recharging for the next round of the white stuff.
I hope you all are having an awesome Monday morning and maybe even a warm sunny one too!




Please excuse the pizza sauce on these cute faces and yes, we are eating on the ground.  That is how we roll around here. Did you notice that we have no cheese on our pizza?  If you have watched the documentary  Forks Over Knives, you get it.  If you haven't, it's really good, informative and will scare the &%$ out of you....or at least the cheese off your pizza!

Love, Jennifer

No comments: