Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Settling into Life

Well, the moving van has come and we are officially moved out....or in.  I guess it depends on your perspective.  Now I am just trying to dig my way out from under all the packing paper and boxes.  We really like the new house.  It is smaller in living space but with the same amount of bedrooms.  We can walk or bike to town, the store and school on nice days.  It takes me 3 minutes to drive to school in the mornings.  That rocks!!!!!  When we arrived last Friday morning, the weather was beautiful and we have had some gorgeous days.  Today, winter arrived.  Big time.  The kids started in their new school this week.  Sam and Alice had great first days.  They both met some nice kids. Paige started today and was a bit nervous. I can't wait to find out about her day!
Happy Birthday to our sweet boy Sam.  He turns 10 today.  I am not sure where the time has gone but he has grown up to be a super smart, sweet, responsible boy that I am so proud to call my son.  We love you Mr. Man!!!!! I am hoping to get some good snow shots with him after school.  Check back for those.  For now, check out the pics from our first week in the mountains.

 The awesome view out of the girls room window.

The biking/walking path behind our house.  You can get just about anywhere on a bike path in Summit County.

Being silly on our hike.

The view behind our house this morning. Wow!

The snow on our deck an hour after Scott shoveled it all off.  

That awesome view out of the girls room after the snow.

I think I will go and find my boots.....and a boot tray, boot warmers, boots, boots, boots......

No comments: