Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day~ As Promised....

If you are a mother, have a mother, know a mother....well, you know that Sunday was Mother's Day.  As I often say, tongue firmly placed in cheek, everyday is Mother's Day at our house.  Anyway, Sunday was dedicated to me.  It was all about me....me, me, me.....Well a girl can dream, right?!?!

We started the day at church.  Upon arriving at church, I pleaded with everyone to be on their best behaviors because it was mom's day.  They did pretty good. They are kids after all and the snacks did look really good and they totally forgot that they could only pick one. After church we went out for a bagel lunch which is a crowd favorite at our house.  Anything on a bagel works for us. We headed for home to put on some comfy clothes, hats and sunscreen and then we piled in the Cruiser and headed for the hills.  We drove up to Monument and spent the afternoon hiking around.  We found some fun new trails and beautiful views. Hiking with my family, camera in hand, is definitely one of my favorite things to do.  It has become a Mother's Day tradition and I plan to keep it that way :)  The kids kept the whining (hungry, thirsty, tired, hot) to a minimum and we all enjoyed the day.  After a yummy dinner at Wahoo's and ice-cream for dessert, we headed home.  I turned in my "get out of chores for a day" card and put my tired babies to bed. Mother's Day, same time, same place, next year.  Enjoy the pics. 








Happy Tuesday.
Back to life, back to reality.
Jennifer

No comments: