Wednesday, November 19, 2008

kicking butt, blue belts and silliness

This morning I decided that instead of donating money to the YMCA I should actually use the facilities that I am paying for. After prying Paige off my leg (we have some separation issues) and leaving her in the nursery, I geared myself up and got on the treadmill. I ran 2 miles and thought that I might die. Why is it that I could run a half-marathon in October and can't run more than two miles one month later? Shouldn't running be like riding a bike, once you've mastered it, you can do it forever. Well, I guess it sort of is. I am sure my heiny would be screaming at me if I got on my bike too! No chance of that, I am too sore! Hopefully by next week Paige will be comfortable with the childwatch again and my rearend will be comfortable with running more than a couple miles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Sam did it. He really did it. He earned his blue belt in karate. We are sooooo proud of him. He loves his class and has worked so hard. Way to go!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice: Hey Mommy, this is what I look like when I am thinking!


I couldn't resist posting her "thinking" picture.