Friday, August 8, 2008

Camping at Turquoise Lake





Sam, Alice, Paige and I just got home from our camping trip to Turquoise Lake, outside of Leadville. We went with my friend, Kristin, and her three kids. We arrived at our campsite on Wednesday afternoon to a slight drizzle. The rain continued on and off for the remainder of our trip but seemed to stop and start at the best times. We had a really great time hiking part way around the lake, splashing in the water and trying our hands at fishing with hot dogs (They didn't seem to be into the hot dogs, so no fish were caught this time). Regardless of the weather, we had fun. We all came home very wet, dirty and happy. As you can see from the pics, the kids had no problem getting very messy. The only problem with camping is the cleanup afterwards. I am off to dry out the tent, wash all the clothes (that campfire aroma doesn't smell so good outside of camp) and clean out coolers. For some weird reason, nothing to do with me, of course, Slide will not send over my slide show. I will continue to try and post the show but in the meantime, I think you can click on the link below and see it. I hope....
Ian and Paige enjoying hot chocolate! Alice opted for mint tea. Huh?!

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave comments. I love comments!!

1 comment:

Susi said...

The slide show worked - what neat pictures! Thanks for sharing! :)